Tuesday, December 17, 2013

If I Die Young, Bury Me in a Mushroom Suit

Many humans in one way or another have a very odd fascination with death. I mean, I've thought about my imminent demise. I had already decided at the tender age of about ten or eleven that I wanted daffodils at my funeral (still do!) and that if I could, I would have a living funeral (thank you Tuesdays with Morrie).

But I don't think anything quite prepared my mother for the day I came home my senior year of high school and told her that I wanted to buried in a mushroom spore suit so that I could be eaten by mushrooms when I die and help save the environment one last time. Granted, mothers probably don't want to hear their children talk about what they want to happen when they die.

Before you think I'm actually crazy, take a look at this TED talk by artist Jae Rhim Lee and take a serious think about life after death.



No comments:

Post a Comment